Which is Better, a Dog Or Cat?

Sometimes I wonder what is the better had to have, a dog or cat? Reason I ask this is a this seems to be advantages and disadvantages to either animal. For example you wouldn't ever want to try take a cat for a walk but you never have to worry about picking up poop.

Let's take a quick look at these two potential pets and see which is the better for you. Starting with a dog, they seem to be much more interactive pet than a cat. Training a dog is much easier, but a dog does require more attention from you as well. If you consider going away for vacation you either have to have your dog kenneled or you have to take him with you.

Cat Dog Pet

Whereas you can leave a cat for up to two weeks with minimal supervision with very little issues. I would recommend that you have somebody come in once per day to ensure that the has food, water and hasn't gotten into any serious troubles..

Which is Better, a Dog Or Cat?

And although is a much more interactive animal. Even as the dog ages, you can still play with them quite a bit. So maybe a dog is great for the person who has the time and the ability to care for the dog.

A cat on the other hand, being a much more independent animal requires less of your time and as they age they become more and more independent. They will at times still play and frolic like a kitten but not too often. The real bonus of having a cat is that stronger independence that you get with a cat.

Personally I've had both animals and enjoyed them for their unique qualities. I do wish I had a dog to take with me on walks. But I don't relish cleaning up after the dog after it does its business. Whereas the cat has his litter box.

Our cat whose name is Max, is pretty independent but is also approaching about nine years old. He still young enough to enjoy life but old enough to not act foolish anymore. I do truly miss his kitten days. For example, a laser pointer just does nothing for him anymore.

I know when we had our dog, she would chase after a laser pointer to her dying day. So probably in the end to come up to you which animal is the right one for you in your situation. So what would you choose, a dog or cat?

Which is Better, a Dog Or Cat?

Because I love my cat and want to give him the most freedom, I've created a site about using a cat door. Also, I've taken a look at the PetSafe Cat Flap. Come check it out.